In the role of Visual UI Designer, you will apply your passion for designing and illustrating gorgeous interfaces and production assets to help us define new interactive content experiences on Netflix. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, internal producers, and external content producers to create visually stunning and content-specific interfaces for millions of Netflix customers around the world.
Our ideal candidate will be equally comfortable creating blue sky concepts as well as pixel-perfect design and specs. You must balance a passion for storytelling, gaming, and creating emotionally resonant designs with a desire to understand user behavior and success through data and consumer insights. You are able to collaborate with content creators and help them understand good user experience and interface design, as well as present the opportunities and limitations of our unique interfaces and canvases. You are able to provide clear, candid feedback about designs to internal and external teams, and care immensely about both the visual details and usability. Above all, you have deep expertise designing visually rich and stylistically diverse interfaces across a range of mediums (video, games, apps) and platforms (TV, mobile, web) for a diverse audience.
On the heels of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, now is an especially exciting time to join our design team as we evolve the future of entertainment yet again. If you’re ready to add your vision—to imagine an alternate future—this is a rare opportunity. The things you discover and create will have widespread impact within Netflix and around the world for our 140M members.
- Introduce external content partners to UI design best practices, UI/UX workflow, and interface templates
- Work with external content producers to concept UI styles and asset types
- Design gorgeous and usable interfaces (buttons, timers, user states) in a variety of styles to match the creative vision of the show
- Review and provide feedback for in progress UI designs and full UI asset suite deliverables from the external content producers
- Prepare, process, and export assets for implementation
- Ensure the assets are implemented in a way that looks great and functions properly, and troubleshoot with program manager(s) and UI engineers as needed.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product, Design, Product Creative, and Content
- Embrace A/B testing to understand what design solutions best work toward engaging viewers and retaining them
- 8+ years of professional hands-on UI design experience in a gaming or digital environment
- Portfolio of visual UI design samples in a wide range of visual styles featuring apps and games for web/mobile/TV
- Experience defining and evolving design systems, from brand and visuals to motion, prototypes and ultimately working directly with engineering partners through launch
- Expert eye for detail and extremely high-quality creative
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and strategic ability
- A love of television, film, and interactive games
- An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
- Illustration, motion graphics and storyboarding is a plus….Read More>>>