- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a Technical (Pre)Sales Engineer in a Cloud Computing or B2B software company in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with Virtualization and Networking technology.
- Experience with Storage technology.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or Big Data technologies.
- Experience in advanced areas of networking.
- Experience with application development concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD, Java, Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable and secure distributed systems.
- Experience in understanding a complex customer’s existing software workloads and the ability to define a technical migration roadmap to the Cloud.
About the job
Remote locations may be available in the following states: Arkansas, Indiana, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio or Pennsylvania.
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it’s a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective, existing customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Challenge and inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities. Identify key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments and manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required……….Read More>>