This position is responsible for the proper operation of a large group of wireless Network Elements. Their goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for their customers. This includes the monitoring and completion and analysis of drive tests; verification of new software loads and other network reconfigurations and upgrades; and the specification and acceptance of antenna, cell site, and DAS modifications / additions / deletions. And is responsible for Hardware functionality for all Macro, Small Cells, Distributed Antenna Systems and CRAN. Duties in support of interdepartmental objectives, to include preventative and remedial maintenance, installation, optimization, building and ground upkeep, and integration of network hardware and interconnect facilities that includes the financial responsibility of reviewing services performed by vendors. The Network – Systems Assurance Engineer is expected to be able to perform his duties with little supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Responsible for the on-site integration and activation of new service that includes macro / micro, small cells, distributed antenna systems and network facilities deployed in market.
- Monitor network performance (using SMS alerts, Real Time Tools, stats reports) and respond to system problems. Implement corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the key performance metrics of all services recently activated and existing network elements.
- Turning up of new sites and carrier additions to include handovers.
- Analyzes network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity. Makes recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
- Review, manage and facilitate the financial procurement of vendor services that includes PO / invoice responsibility that results in a quality product at fair costs.
- Maintains inventories of switch spares. Updates daily logs with site-specific information. Composes clear and concise reports for system documentation.
- Work with multiple internal and external groups to manage and coordinate work. Engage with vendors, system administrators, and network personnel to resolve issues.
- Performs preventative and remedial maintenance on reginal data network elements in a timely manner. Performs routine building and grounds maintenance and inspections.
- Required to participate in on-call rotation within a specified coverage area and to work night shift.
- A successful candidate would ideally be expected to perform these duties for in-building, small cell, and DAS equipment, which often involves working in a customer-facing environment to solve complex problems with vague/little to no guidelines.
- Participate in mobile unit deployments (COW, COLT etc).
- Read, understand, and execute methods of procedures (MOPs) and ensure technical standards are adhered to and no adverse effects will be caused in the network.
- Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Office and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Even better if you have:
- A Technical degree.
- Strong knowledge of LTE technologies, DAS equipment, Small Cell equipment, IP networking and VoLTE.
- Knowledge of call processing (originations, handoffs) and data networking (switching/routing, TCP/IP).
- Two or more years of experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following Systems: Wireless telecommunications, IP networking, System Performance / Network Analyst.
- Knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice cells infrastructure experience including: Lucent, Motorola, Nortel; LTE / CDMA data; telecom experience including: Ethernet backhaul, fiber optic testing / configuration, computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting; and power experience including: Galaxy, Lorain, DC distribution systems, and troubleshooting.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better……….Read More>>