Do you want to be part of the machine that delivers graphics capabilities to millions worldwide? Now is your opportunity to join the Odyssey! Intel is seeking an experienced Release Engineer to join the Graphics Software and Solutions Engineering team. The position is full-time and is based in our Folsom, CA location. Release Engineering plays an integral role in implementing and executing product release processes. The role supports Intel’s Graphics Software and Solutions engineering team by automating build promotion and packaging for external release, building tools and monitoring the mechanism used in software deployments, and coordinating and pushing new releases to the production infrastructure. The Release Engineering team ensures that new software is released in a streamlined manner from development to production. The team establishes procedures and develops tools that are used by both the Engineering and Operations teams. As a Release Engineer you’ll use your strong technical ability to drive product releases across many different systems and teams. You’ll work hard to ensure that Intel’s Graphics products are delivered with a repeatable and scalable process
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management.
- Own, manage and improve our release process.
- Focus on scale and efficiency.
- Build and maintain tools needed during release pushes.
- Provide support to automatically package desired collateral in the form of debug tools, release notes according to the product specifications.
- Improving and adapting our release processes to changing business needs
- You’re passionate about CI/CD and shipping world-class software projects
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
At least 4 years of experience in software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management
Candidate should also have 4+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience with build management tools such as Quickbuild, Jenkins, C-Make, and Docker
- Baseline management concepts and feature flags to support enabling/disabling at compile time targets for release
- Skill with one or more scripting languages, Python preferred
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Perforce, Git and Gerrit experience
- You’ve worked on Jenkinsfiles and pipelines or have experience with other CI systems
- You’ve used or are curious about DEB/RPM packaging and hosting Linux package repositories
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
Inside this Business Group
The Core and Visual Computing Group (CVCG) is responsible for the architecture, design and development of the CPU core and visual technology IPs that are central to Intel’s system-on-a-chip (SoC) products and key to our datacenter, client and Internet-of-Things (IOT) platforms. CVCG strives to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world class engineering.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance….Read More>>