Netflix is the largest subscription merchant in the world. We invest heavily in developing the best customer experience for signing up and paying each month.
We are seeking a talented individual to join the team managing our global consumer payments. This role will reside in the corporate headquarters in Los Gatos and report to the Director of Payments FP&A. The Associate will join a team that is responsible for driving business insights from payments data, managing payment-related fraud, and ultimately supporting development of the company’s payments strategy.
- The role will be focused on driving analyses on projects that increase subscriber acquisition, improve retention, manage fraud risk, and optimize the subscriber experience – with a core focus on the acquisition, retention, and experience optimization components. Broader responsibilities will include:
- Monitor performance of payments processing and identify trends that impact our business
- Lead and support strategic value-added analyses to measure and forecast impact of payment method offerings and processes on subscriber retention
- Support credit and debit card issuer engagement with a focus on improving performance
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization (finance, science and analytics, billing and payments engineering) to support implementation of payments solutions and lead the related performance measurement
- Define and develop metric dashboards
- Develop analyses supporting strategies for expanding markets and offering relevant payment methods to consumers
- Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate will be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more mundane tasks in the same day that they present to the executives of the company. Candidate must be curious, motivated, disciplined, and able to work autonomously.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, including ability to use business intelligence tools (like Tableau), build spreadsheet models, and sort through complex data to crystallize business implications
- Experience and comfort with an extremely high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Industry knowledge of payment processing, recurring billing, payment fraud, and general ecommerce is preferred, but not required. However, curiosity and interest in the payments/fraud landscapes is a must.
- Strong project management and great collaboration skills across multiple functional areas
- Experience working with external business partners and vendors
- Skill at crafting a data-driven story and presenting to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field preferred……..Read More>>